450 grams frozen or fresh beans (if using fresh beans, finely slice)
3 tablespoons oil?1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds?2 dry chillies (optional)
3 or 4 curry leaves roughly broken
1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 onion sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1. If using fresh beans slice them finely. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add mustard and fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry chillies (if using).
3. Stir and add sliced beans and cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sliced onion and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the chilli powder and stir until incorporated. Add the salt and water and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat with a lid on.
5. When the beans are cooked add the milk and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes on low heat until the curry has a dry appearance.
Serve with rice.